Sunday, January 9, 2011

Muybridge and Whiteread's exhibits

In Eadweard Muybridge's exhibit I was thoroughly impressed with the collection of work he had.  When first entering the exhibit I thought it was somewhat dark, but it could have been because the main area of the Tate Britain was so bright. I found his series from Yosemite intriguing because as a huge Ansel Adams fan, I saw many similarities, yet they were different images.  His latest collection of stopping time was also mind blowing.  They were very scientific and were so interesting to look at and understand.  Rachel Whiteread was the other exhibit and I found her plans and drawings geometric and refined.  I found her drawings/paintings done in a painterly way even though they were just sketches for her sculptures.  Looking closely at the drawing/paintings there was the unintentional drips and streak marks that I believe make the image, and make me question what she was thinking or perhaps what she had been doing at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment