Thursday, January 6, 2011

Serpentine Gallery Experience

This exhibit was for sure truly amazing and unique. I have never been to an exhibit like this before, and found it really moving. In the Philippe Parreno part, I did not fully understand it at first, but after looking at more and more, I saw the connection between the chanting of "No More Reality" and with the little boy using his imagination. I thought it was a very moving work of art.  I felt that the setup of the different rooms and the following of the sounds to the next room really made this an interactive exhibit. It was almost as if the audience was able to actively participate in the exhibit, which was a fascinating aspect that I really enjoyed. The image quality of the June 8, 1968 was beautiful and it felt like I was actually aboard the train.  The sounds also connected the videos which made me understand the exhibit a little bit better.
The Tom Hunter movie clip called "A Palace for Us", really stuck out to me as well. It was sometimes hard for me to follow with the past and present times switching constantly, but overall I think I understood most of it and actually related it to my life in some ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment