Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tate Britain 2 experience

This time I was glad to see the whole museum and look at other Turner Prize winner's artwork. I did not like how part of the museum did not have artwork because they were in the process of doing renovations or something to that nature, but even without the rest of the rooms without artwork, the artwork that was there was very modern and interesting.  I was glad to see many large modern paintings and sculptures that were abstract and simple because it kept me interested throughout the whole museum wanting to see more and more.  Bridget Riley was an artist who did "Late Morning" with many parallel lines interacting and almost creating an optical illusion.  The colors of the lines started to vibrate in my vision and sooner or later I was seeing waves.  I love when things trip my mind in an artistic way much like this piece did.  Overall, I really liked the modern aspect of the Tate Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment