Monday, January 10, 2011

V & A - Camera-less Photography Experience

This museum was very impressive and when I came in the front entrance it was a beautiful sight.  The first thing that took my eyes was the glass blown hanging sculpture.  The rest of the museum was also extremely well presented.  The tour with Glenn Adamson was also very well done, and I really enjoyed listening to him and his comments about postmodernism and modern design.  I found it very insightful and my question for him was "Are you an artist yourself and if so what mediums do you mostly work with?" Looking through the museum after the tour the one area which I really enjoyed was the glass, because I thought it was all very creative and amazingly done.
The Camera-less photography exhibit was absolutely wonderful and I really got a lot out of it.  I personally have worked with photograms before, so to see these large prints was mind blowing.  The chemigrams also really interested me because they all related to watercolor and painting techniques I have used.  I really liked the idea of using chemicals to create these images, and want to try it in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment